Join AECOM as a Landscape Architect Associate Director. Lead high-profile projects, drive design innovation, and shape the future of urban landscapes.
Landscape Architect Associate Director at AECOM
AECOM, a leading infrastructure and support services firm, is actively seeking a talented Landscape Architect Associate Director to join their growing landscape architecture studio in London. As the Landscape Architect Associate Director, you will play a pivotal role in driving design initiatives and shaping AECOM’s response to industry challenges. Join the management team, lead projects, and contribute to the development of high-quality products. If you are a visionary thought-leader with extensive experience and a passion for innovation, this is the perfect opportunity to make your mark in the field. Don’t miss out on this exciting role at AECOM!
With nearly 100,000 employees — including landscape architects, engineers, urban designers, planners, and scientists — serving clients in more than 150 countries around the world, AECOM is a premier, fully integrated infrastructure and support services firm. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering solutions that create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments.
Duties and responsibilities:
- lead the design of high profile international projects
- deliver results through design quality, managing people, processes, operational and commercial outcomes
- develop and motivate a team and individuals to deliver high quality projects, as a ‘hands-on’ team player
- task and project management, across a range of landscape design and landscape masterplanning projects
- preparing and presenting landscape designs to clients and approving agencies including specific technical expertise in landscape architecture and urban public realm design
- play a key role in ensuring projects are profitable and shows this in his/ her financial metrics
- contribute to studio management, including financial reporting
- lead marketing activities, including proposal writing
- work winning
- on occasion you will be required to spend time away from office, which may involve long hours travelling to and from international destinations
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- excellent design skills
- excellentorganisational skills
- self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- good interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team
- flexible attitude
- able to build good relationship at all levels, internally and externally
- able to work as part of a an effective team assisting and supporting team members
- ability to communicate efficiently and clearly both in written form and through graphic representations
- project management, for example holding client meetings and managing budgets
- preparing and presenting talks, in-house, to clients and wider audiences
- proposal writing and other marketing activities
- you must be technology adept in the use of all design software including AutoCAD, Rhino/SketchUp, Adobe suite and Microsoft Office software
- bachelor’s degree and diploma in landscape architecture accredited by the Landscape Institute (LI) or its international equivalent • Chartered landscape architect (CMLI) preferred
- a minimum of 12+ years’ experience in landscape architecture is required with at least the last three years’ spent within a senior capacity
Apply below with your CV and portfolio or view our other Landscape Jobs.